- Serves: 1
- Prep time: 5 min
- Difficulty: Easy
The Paloma (Spanish for "dove") is a tequila-based cocktail. This drink is commonly prepared by mixing tequila, lime juice, and a grapefruit-flavored soda such as Jarritos, Fresca, or Squirt and served on the rocks with a lime wedge. Adding salt to the rim of the glass is also a good option.
- Lime wedge, for optional rim
- Coarse salt, for optional rim
- 2 ounces blanco or reposado Tequila
- 1/4 to /2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, to taste
- 4 ounces grapefruit soda
- Gather the ingredients.
- If desired, rim a collins glass with salt. Begin by wetting the rim with a lime wedge, then roll it in a small dish of salt.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the Tequila and lime juice.
- Top it off with grapefruit soda and enjoy.